Briefing Professionals, Discussion Leaders and Account Teams must have the skills and confidence to deliver outstanding customer engagements. When Briefings are delivered virtually, a thorough planning process and skilled day-of-briefing Facilitation become even more key to a successful outcome.
Give your team and business partners the training and tools they need to accelerate your Briefing Program. All Workshops can be delivered in-person or virtually in 2-Day, 1-Day, and Half-Day options.
Facilitation Skills: Orchestrating the Customer Experience
ABPM Core Curriculum
A skilled facilitator is crucial to ensuring that a high-stakes Executive Briefing experience is relevant, compelling, and seamless. This workshop is designed to enhance the ability of Briefing Facilitators to masterfully conduct a customer-centric Briefing from opening to close.
Discussions and Role-Plays include:
- Strategically opening and closing the Briefing
- Linking key messages to customer objectives
- Recording and tracking action items
- Delivering powerful speaker introductions and session transitions
- Evaluating the Briefing while in process
- Adjusting the Briefing when faced with difficult situations & people
- Managing the unique challenges of virtual engagements
Power Booster: Continuing Education Series for Facilitators
This Workshop Series is designed for experienced Briefing Facilitators who want to continue their professional development. These sessions can be purchased as a multi-part package to be used over a period of time, or purchased individually.
Topics can be run multiple times to accommodate the time zones of your Facilitators – for example, one session for North America, repeated for EMEA and APJ.
Coaching session modules can include these topics:
- Refining foundational skills to open the Briefing, transition from topic to topic, introduce discussion leaders and close the day
- Discussing Facilitation experiences to date: what’s gone well, what challenges did they face and how did they handle it (or how might they have handled it)
- The welcome session – best practices for facilitating and scribing
- Developing your Question Library (using questions to strategically advance the conversation and keep the briefing moving forward on track)
- Managing the agenda flow with the appropriate level of flexibility to ensure the most successful outcomes
- Handling challenging situations
- Best practices in Briefing planning for Facilitators
- Additional Facilitation topic of your choice
World Class Characteristics: A Benchmarking or Launch Workshop
ABPM Core Curriculum
Use ABPM’s “Characteristics of a World Class Program” to benchmark your program’s strengths and areas for growth OR plan for the Launch of your first Executive Briefing Program
Understand the characteristics of World Class Programs – the high-value and high-impact initiatives that make them continually successful
Conduct a GAP analysis of your current program and create an action plan for success OR Create a Launch Blueprint to guide the start up of your first Briefing Program
This Workshop is for both experienced teams who want to assess and continually raise the bar for their Briefing Program and for new EBC managers and teams looking for the building blocks for developing their Briefing Program
Best Practices for Briefing Operations
ABPM Core Curriculum
This workshop is for teams interested in increasing the effectiveness of their planning process and consequently the outcome of their Briefings. Teams will analyze the strength and gaps in their current processes, learning about Best Practices of World Class Programs and create the next level Planning Framework for their own Program.
Outline the overall Briefing process including milestones and timelines
Analyze Briefing requests & prepare for the initial planning call
Manage effective planning calls: apply questioning & listening skills to understand customer & sales objectives through Workshop role-plays
Design impactful customer experiences: apply best practices for agenda flow, topic management, speaker matching, breaks, timing, sample agendas and more
Role-Play effective pre-Brief meetings with Discussion Leaders (Speakers) and Account Teams
Review practical, tactical worksheets and checklists for use in your daily planning work in the EBC